Friday 25 March 2011

Weekend break

My parents are whisking me away this weekend, to go and see my auntie and co. I'm looking forward to a bit of a break. I've been so homesick all semester, it'll be nice to see the 'rents. But this means I'll be forced to eat like a normal person... hmm. I guess, when that happens, I don't gain weight, I only maintain, so I might have to sacrifice a weekend's worth of efforts to please the parents. Plus, I have kind of missed non-crappy non-student food.

When I get back, though, it'll be exactly a week til the dance show, so I'm aiming to do a liquid fast. On the day I'll probably eat loads of fresh fruit and veg for energy, but I can survive til then on liquids. The last time I did a week-long liquid fast was before my birthday in August, and that helped me lose weight (at that time, I was fighting to get down from 10 stone, and that helped me reach 9 and a half. How funny that if I saw 9 and a half on the scales today I'd cry, but at the time, it was the best feeling in the world!)

Dance is all manic but it's such good exercise. I've been sweating like mad in every class. Can't wait for the show, though I don't know what I'll do without it. I'll have to hit the gym like mad! Had to take a vid of me dancing today for the dancers in my class so they can practise the routine at home, and I can't work out how I feel about it. Sometimes I was like "wahoo, I look hot!" at other times it was "dear GOD, did my arm just wobble THAT much when I threw it out? Why am I so bulky, too??"

We can never win, can we!

I love how you lot appreciate my British lingo. mags mentioned that she liked it in my last post, and I went through the entire post and couldn't work out what I was saying that was British. Guess I'm not as informed about American words as I thought I was! D'oh. Then RaeLynn said something about the word 'slags' - oh mate, do you not have slags? They're basically like sluts. I don't know the difference. There's 2 netball teams at my uni and one of them is infamous for being full of sluts, and the other is infamous for being full of slags. Eh?? Same thing. Also didn't know Americans don't say 'in the post'. What do you say? In the mail, maybe? I assume you have post offices. And postboxes... right?

Blaagh, I'm rubbish at this.

Anyway - in the morning I'm off to dance with the charity kids again, and then I'm away for the weekend. So might not speak til Tuesday! Big up to everyone. I love you all.

Stay classy,

Q x

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dancing and liquid fast :)
    I'd say slags dress like sluts, but don't act like them, or that's my understanding anyway :P
    I thought Americans had mailboxes instead of postboxes? I think postboxes sounds better. Your posts are pretty English actualy :) Haha jolly good!
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the liquid fast girly. I'm starting one soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah I'm a fellow Brit too! For some reason I always picture sluts as girls who go out in tiny tiny dresses with boobs bums and all sorts out and kiss/flirt with loads of guys in one night - and are more of a tease. And I picture slags as girls who just sleep with loads of guys whether drunk or not and are just plain easy.

    Maybe its just me :D I don't know where I got those ideas from either..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us Americans abuse the English language. So no worries, you're obviously in the right of how to speak. We were the uneducated idiots that decided we'd be "better off" to gain independence from the U.K., but where has it landed us? Not in a very wonderful place financially or socially, that's for sure. We gained independence so we wouldn't have to pay the taxes, and how many regular taxes do we have to pay now? I think we're one of the most taxful nations now. Ha. Therefore our actions against the U.K. were not viable. Alas! The reason I don't celebrate Independence Day!

    Sorry for the rant, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have tons of fun on your trip! Everyone needs a well-deserved break away from uni life. Isn't it weird how you look back on your past and think of the weight you lost? Like, last year you were aiming to get down to 10 stone- that was your goal- but now that you're way past that goal, the thought of ever being there seems so distant. Maybe when you reach your 8 stone goal you'll look back to the weight you are now and think, "I'm never going back that again!"

    I freaking LOVE your British lingo & slang! I've become inspired by you in some way and I've started to incorporate some "British words" into my vocabulary- I just wish I had you all's lovely accent! For instance, you say "I exercised like mad" when I would say, "I exercised tons." I didn't know what "slags" meant either, so I'm glad you told us! Also, in a post awhile back I had to look up "whanking" because I've never heard of that word! :D I would love to visit England one day...I guarantee I would fall in love with it!

    We never say "in the post"- we say things are "in the mail." Also, we never say "rubbish," but I've found myself starting to use that word every now and then! I think there's a difference in the the way we say things like "next Thursday"- don't the British say something like "Thursday next?" I'm not too sure on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I loved this post! And especially reading everyone's interpretation of sluts vs. slags! Yeah, we say mailbox instead of postbox. I love some of the phrases that the British say: "like mad," "you lot," "work out." Haha I love it, it's so exotic! We'd say: "like crazy," "you guys," and "figure out." *sigh* I wish I was British... a liquid fast next week sounds like a good idea, I think i might join you on that one. Have fun with parents! <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete