Sunday 6 March 2011

Updates

Sorry I haven't been updating very much. Life is getting BUSY AGAIN. Ugh. When will I be free? I don't like busy-ness, as this means there isn't much time for exercise. Yesterday I spent 5 hours dancing though, so that can't be bad. My troupe are going to a competition next week, so we've been rehearsing a lot. I'm really excited, though it's been stressful having to organise it all.

Food... well, it hasn't been horrendous, but it hasn't been great either. But from today, no alcohol will pass my lips for a while, so I'm hoping that'll make a difference. My personal Lent starts tomorrow, but I had my last night out last night (and made the most of my last night of drinking!) and I doubt I'll get wasted on a Sunday. I'm getting nervous as to whether I'll even enjoy nights out without the booze or whether I'll just feel self-conscious and annoyed at all the drunkards, but at least I'll save a ton of money.

Did have a good night last night, ha. We had an Alice in Wonderland -themed social and I went as the mad hatter. I borrowed my friend's Willy Wonka outfit (a purple velvet jacket/top thing with tail-coat bits and a top hat) and maddened it up a bit (including backcombing my entire head) and I thought I looked pretty awesome. The outfit was flattering too! We got some full-length pics and for once I'm not dreading seeing them! Huzzah.

I really should go to the gym today, but it's looking like it could be a day of staying in bed and watching Take Me Out. Proper trash tv! Lovin' it. This is another thing I won't miss - the mornings after!

I need to get focused again with the restricting. All I've had today are some grapes, and I'm very limited on food at the mo, so I might just stick to fruit and coffee.

Not sure what else to say, so I'll leave you with an advert I keep seeing on the telly that freaks me out a bit. IMAGINE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8&sns=fb

Jog on, kitties!

Q x

4 comments:

  1. Business sucks and keeps your from having enought time to do what you really enoy! Though 5 hours dancing is great exercise! I hope your troupe does really well in the competition. All of the money you're saving from giving up alcohol for a while would be great motivation for you! You could set aside all the money your would normally spend on drinks and buy yourself something really nice at the end of Lent. Now that you have 50 followers, you could post your Mad Hatter pic as your body shot! I bet that costume was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog a long, long time ago and continued reading it but stopped commenting. I really adore your lingo though! "telly" <3 I wish I was british....

    ReplyDelete
  3. idk if you're already a vegetarian, but i'm giving up meat for Lent. alcohol sounds like a fantastic idea, but idk if i could hack that lol!!!

    i'll second ariana's notion of u posting ur mad hatter pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I third the idea of posting the mad hatter photo! and 5 hours of dancing! WOW what a workout! same here- I need to refocus on my restricting, I've been awful this week! and I LOVED the cravendale commercial! haha you brits have such better tv ads than we do:) have you seen the video of the cat who gives the thumbs up? haha here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hngBzDDyFE&NR=1

    ReplyDelete