Tuesday 1 March 2011

100th post!

Chatted to the Rick-meister this morning. Awriiight, 9 stone 4. So! By next Tuesday I will be 9 stone 2. Max. WAR CRY.

Big up to RaeLynn - she just lost 9 lbs in a week! Daaamn, that's some good work right there!

Still testing out the lactose intolerant thing... today I had no dairy and my stomach was cool. Until I had a coffee in the evening (with soya milk), which has made me start to wonder if it's caffeine, not dairy. So confused! Maybe I'll eat something dairy tomorrow but have no coffee and see what happens. I haven't been getting the weird stomach gurgles I get sometimes after I eat, but I have been getting cramps. I really really hope it's the dairy thing. I'd HATE to give up coffee.

Ok! So how to make my 100th post special? I'm going to ramble about myself, so I'm going to fill out one of those little quiz things just for YOU, lovely followers. Speaking of, only TWO more followers and you get to see my body. Crikey! I took a practice photo this morning and it was awful, but it must be done.

So, questions and answers.

1. Were you named after anyone?
No. I'm not gonna say my real name, but my dad named me and he just said he thought it was a nice name. It's quite uncommon, which I like. My middle name is after my cousin, though, because she begged when I was born. Considering she was probably about 15 at the time, it's sweet that my parents agreed.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Probably yesterday. I've been crying a lot recently due to homesickness. How tragic! If not yesterday, maybe the other day after I got drunk. Ahh, the alcohol-induced emotion!

3. Do you like your handwriting?
Very much! It's nice and neat.

4. What is your favourite lunch meat?
I'm gonna say chicken? I love chicken wraps. I could probably live off them.

5. Do you have kids?
Hell no! Gimme 10 years or so?

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Hmm. Maybe in the short term. I say that because I tend to get bored of friends and drop them as time goes by for new ones. How bad is that? I don't agree with the statement "friend for life", because I'm convinced I'll drop them after a while. But in the short term, I'm pretty cool. Though I can be a bit antisocial and want to be on my own a lot which close friends find annoying sometimes. Maybe I just have clingy friends?

7. Do you use sarcasm?
No. That was sarcasm. I do.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
I do! It's pretty rare to not have them in this generation, isn't it? They seem a bit pointless, though.

9. Would you bungee jump?
Definitely not. It looks horrible. I'd skydive, though. That looks amazing.

10. What's your favourite cereal?
That changes a lot. I'd say my alltime favourite is branflakes. So good!

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
The only shoes I wear with laces are dance shoes... if they're jazz shoes/trainers, then no. If they're tap shoes, yes! It's the only way to get them off.

12. Favourite kind of cheese?
Goat's cheese or feta for one-off treats. Generally speaking, I eat cheddar, though. Or Red Leicester, which is a babe of a cheese.

13. What is your favourite ice cream?
It used to be coconut, but if I want to eat an ice cream on its own, it's got to be Haagen Dazs Pralines & Cream. Haven't tried it? Get on it.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
I couldn't say. I guess, EVERYTHING. Hair, clothes, face, the whole package.

15. Red or pink?
Both!

16. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
My body, haha. It's funny - I copied and pasted this survey from when I filled it out a couple of years ago, and my response then was "I don't have enough faith in myself." Which is strange because these days I think I have a bit TOO much faith in myself. I have a bit of an ego when it comes to future prospects. I'm glad that's changed, though. Better to be ambitious than to be self-doubtful.

17. Who do you miss the most?
Right now, my parents. How lame is that! I'm just homesick. I want the pressure taken off. I want to be looked after again.

18. What colour trousers and shoes are you wearing?
Black leggings and black dolly shoes.

19. What are you listening to right now?
90210 on in the background!

20. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Strange question... I think something bold like red or blue.

21. Favourite smell?
Vanilla. And man smell! Man smell is so good, though I'm sick of Paco Rabanne's One Million as two of my housemates wear it and it seems to be floating around all the time. I never even liked it that much in the first place - I'm a fan of Joop Jump. I recently smelt that Hugo Boss fragrance that Ryan Reynolds promotes (I wanna say Boss Bottled?) but the 'night' version, as a free sample in a magazine, and it was GORGEOUS.

22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My mum, this morning. She phoned because I'd said on the phone to my dad a couple of weeks ago that I was feeling fluey. Bit slow on the uptake, Mum, but it's nice to know you care.

23. Favourite sports to watch?
None. I should like football as my whole house is obsessed with it, but I don't. Though rugby is entertaining to watch. And all the men are hot!

24. Hair colour?
Really really dark brown. Bordering on black.

25. Eye colour?
Dark brown.

26. Do you wear contacts?
I did once, when I wanted to change my eye colour. I'd go blue for fun! It was nice because I have pretty poor eyesight generally (one eye is long-sighted and one is VERY short-sighted, plus I have astigmatism and need to wear glasses for reading), and these lenses were corrective too so I could see properly for a while. If I ever get told I have to wear glasses permanently I'll go for contacts.

27. Favourite food?
There's too many... a really gorgeous snack for me is crackers with houmous.

28. Scary movies or happy endings?
Neither! If I had to choose, scary films. They're fun to watch with a big group of friends (and maybe a hot boy you can snuggle up to when it gets a bit too scary!)

29. Last movie you watched?
V for Vendetta. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, but it was really good. Natalie Portman's English accent wasn't too bad. Wish I could say the same for Don Cheadle's accent in Ocean's Eleven (the film I watched before that) - horrible, horrible, horrible. I find when a lot of American actors try to put on English accents they come across as South African.

30. What colour top are you wearing?
Grey.

31. Summer or winter?
I like both, but Summer definitely has the edge. The sun puts me in a good mood, and I have some fond memories from Summer.

32. Hugs or kisses?
Both!

33. Favourite dessert?
Banoffee pie! Or sticky toffee pudding. Anything toffee-related.

34. What book are you reading now?
I read an awful lot for my course. Currently it's an African book called 'A Grain of Wheat', about Kenyan independence.

35. What is on your mouse pad?
I don't have a mouse pad, come on, what year are we in... haha

36. What did you watch on tv last night?
Glee! I watched it with the boys and they were wanting to kill themselves, though one of them enjoyed singing along to all of the songs. They sat even more masculinely than usual to justify the fact they were watching Glee.

37. Favourite sounds?
I love the sound of water trickling. I also like the crispy kind of sound paper makes in films or tv shows.

38. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Definitely the Beatles!

39. What is the farthest away you've ever been from home?
Probably Malaysia. Yeah, doesn't get much further than that.

40. Do you have a special talent?
Not really. How depressing.

41. Where were you born?
A little town in Surrey, England. I went back there to take my driving test, even driving past the hospital where I was born, which was strange.

42. Is the cup half full or half empty?
Depends. If you fill it up in front of me, but only fill it halfway, it's half full. If you fill it to the top and then drink half, it's half empty. HA, I beat that stupid question.

43. If you could sit down to dinner with 5 people, who would you choose?
Ooh. Derren Brown, for one, because he's such an interesting person and I'd want him to hypnotise me and do something cool. One of the Royals, too, maybe Prince Harry as he's the young eligible bachelor of the family. Chace Crawford or someone equally beautiful! Shakespeare, if we could go back in time. And... someone I love, like a member of my family or a close friend.

Q x

4 comments:

  1. haha you are so adorable! i loved your answer to the glass half full question :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather give up a molar than give up coffee! I liked reading the survey! Those things are always so much fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your answers :) my hair is bordering black as well and i love chicken!! and we have many other things in common but i can't be bothered going back to find them. i think i may steal your quiz those qtns seem like they would be fun to answer!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back (: about to catch up on everyone's blogs... It's going to take awhile, haha. I have a new blog, if you want to follow it. You don't have to though.
    It's great being back (:

    ReplyDelete