Sunday 13 March 2011

Gym dayze

Cheeky surprise at the gym this morning. Spotted scales in the corner - "oh woah, are those scales? I didn't know we had them..."
M - "yeah let's keep on walking though..."
I jumped on them for a laugh - 9 stone 1! Whaaat? I think they might be badly aligned but I'M HOPING NOT. I'm hoping they're deadly accurate.

Gym session was really good. Didn't do that much cardio (only about 20 minutes on cross-trainer and 20 on treadmill) but burnt off about 400 calories on those, and then went to the studio to stretch/dance/do strength exercises so might've burnt off an extra 50 - 100 cals through that (I did work up quite a sweat.) True to my word, I stretched my little heart out. I'm feeling quite chuffed as one stretch I normally reeeally struggle with is the one where you have to sit on the floor with your legs together straight out in front of you and touch your toes, but today I managed to get my head on my knees with a bit of pushing. Hoorah for my hamstrings! Still no splits yet, though. Bah. I should mention that naturally (probably genetically) I'm a really, really inflexible person so it takes a lot of work to get anywhere. I've been trying to do the splits for about 6 years now and haven't been getting very far. I also know I'll never have the hip alignment to be able to do box splits, but that's something I've gloomily accepted. Never mind! With a bit of hard work, great things can be achieved.

On the plus side, a video of us dancing from the competition has gone up on Facebook and seeing as the costumes were essentially skimpy things like a leotards and corsets and fishnets, I don't look too fat! Although I never noticed how much of a midget I am.

Food has also been a suitable 200 day, I think. All I've eaten today has been coffee, half a bread roll and a hot chocolate. No idea of the exact amounts, but this kicks off the 2468 properly - tomorrow my plan is maybe coffee again, in the morning, followed by soup when I get to uni in the afternoon and something small to sustain me through dance - not really sure what yet, maybe a cereal bar or something. Then in the evening I'm going to watch the uni's jazz band perform (they're really, really good) which I'm excited about. Looks like it could be another successful day!

Until tomorrow...

Q x

4 comments:

  1. Haha I am naturaly inflexible too, it sucks :P
    Great intake and good luck for tomorrow :)
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm flexible, but I can't dance! Wanna trade? =P

    You're doing very well. Keep it up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss!

    It's got to be fun to be a dancer. I always wanted to dance when I was little, but the cost was so high. How long have you been a dancer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo! congratulations on 9stone 1! that's an amazing loss! and it's always nice to look at yourself in a photo/video and like the way you look. you totally deserve this, enjoy it! keep inspiring us, <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete