Wednesday 23 March 2011

Stressed.

Dance show is coming up (along with essay deadline), so here comes the stress. It hasn't really hit me yet, but it will next week. I'm worried it'll bring along with it the munchies - comfort eating might suddenly become something I require. Or it could go the other way, and I might eat even less. Let's hope for the latter!

At least there's no chance of the snow hitting again to mess everything up. The weather at the moment is absolutely GORGEOUS. We rarely get days of decent sunshine, so as soon as the clouds disappear, everyone ditches their coats and next thing you know people are strutting around in tiny shorts and sleeveless tops. I mean, come on... it may be sunny but it's still March. I guess we have to make the most of the sun when it's here. Who knows when it'll next come around?

I even took a picture of the sky on my phone. Tragic. Loooove seeing the deep blue. (Tried to send it to my laptop so I could stick it on this blog, but my blackberry's being crap.)

Went to Zumba this morning, but had to choreograph so wasn't able to make it a gym day. It's been a bit of a dancey day today. My new dance tights arrived in the post, and I was a bit scared as I ordered a small (I am a bit of a midget) and on the back it said that's generally for people who are maximum 5 ft. 3 and 105lbs. 105! You can tell I got it from a dancer site. The lowest it goes is to 90, but if you're anything above 135 you're considered a large. Depressing. Luckily the small fits, but they are stretchy. Aside from that, I watched the latest episode of the programme about the English National Ballet, choreographed and have 3 hours of dance later. Busy dancey day for meee!

Advertising this show has become very... 'come and see it because you know, we're hot girls and we dance around in skimpy things.' It sounds sleazy but it's actually a decent marketing ploy. You'd be surprised. We're planning on handing out flyers in costume, which is already a good way to attract attention to the show but it helps when you're not wearing a lot... humm... which makes us sound like slags, but anyone will know dancers don't wear much when they're dancing anyway! It's not slaggy at all. But it's seriously cranked up the pressure for me. I'm worried I'll look like a heffalump next to the tiny ballet girls. In the Advanced Ballet dance I'd be surprised if there's anyone in there who's above a size 8 (US size 4.) I'm not in the Adv Ballet dance, but I will be dancing alongside these girls in a couple of other numbers. Wish I was thin wish I was thin wish I was thinnnnn.

Try and be thin, Q!

Q x

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll fit right in next to those girls - just remember, there's a reason you're up there with them; you deserve it!

    Congrats on fitting into the smallllllll!! lol If nothing else, that should prove to you that you WON'T look like a heffalump. :)

    Good luck on beating those comfort food stressy-munchies! Think thin and beautiful and strong thoughts dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna live in the UK! I love your lingo (:

    And I wish I could do ballet! I bet you're a lovely dancer. And I bet it'll be a great show, even if you dancers exploit your bodies haha. It's all good fun. I was in theatre and I've worn dancing tights and leotards and iddy bitty dresses and such... the difference is that I was almost 40 lbs chunkier than I am now. Ewh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darling you ARE thin! You fit into the small size, for goodness' sakes! And don't worry, you'll look beautiful with the other dancers! Good luck with the essay and the show, just try to convert your nervous energy towards productivity instead of food! haha I'm a nervous eater too but it's always my goal. And I agree with mags, you Brits speak so neat - "in the post" and "slag" cracked me up! sending you skinnies, <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again darling! I received the Versatile Blogger Award, now I'm bestowing it upon you. Check out my post from today for the rules!

    I think you're absolutely wonderful and I love reading your posts! Keep up all your hard work love, it'll pay off in the end! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dance tights sound scary! :O That's so small! I would deffo be a large if I was a dancer even though I'm a tiny bit shorter than you :(

    And everyone where I live are all wearing next to nothing too- what are they going to do in real summer? And it's always slaggy girls who are caked in orange fake tan. :/

    ReplyDelete