Friday 18 March 2011

Things and being versatile and other things and all that.

Sober bar crawl was horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. Everyone was completely mashed and either shoving me around or just ignoring me because they were in their own little drunken worlds. Normally I wouldn't mind a bit as I'd be in my own drunken world too, or making friends with strangers, but from a sober perspective, it sucked. Really sucked. I couldn't help wondering if people thought I looked like a bit of a prude, not drinking on a bar crawl? I bet a few people might have seen me with my water/Red Bull and thought 'why is she here?' It was quite funny though - any time someone asked me why I wasn't drinking, I'd put on a deadpan face and tell them I was pregnant. For a split second they'd stare at me in horror/confusion/just look awkward, before I burst out laughing and told them I was kidding.

The bars were bad enough, but being at the end club was worse - everyone was dispersing off so easily and I felt a bit lost. So I went home really, really early, on my own, and just watched tv for a while. I did eventually go to bed, but was interrupted when my housemate, C, staggered into my room muttering complete nonsense and passed out in my bed. Didn't really know what to do with him, so I just let him sleep and attempted to get some of the duvet back. That was quite funny too. He was chatting complete rubbish throughout the night.

Feeling a bit weird about HotGuns? HG. Can't work out how I feel about him. He was chatting to my friend L an awful lot (the girl I'm living with next year) and she's quite a bubbly, up-for-it girl... she's not particularly pretty but she's fun and has a nice figure and is currently sleeping with R (another one of my housemates) and doesn't take herself seriously and is, er, a bit easy. I don't care if HG shags every girl under the sun but if he got with her... that'd really annoy me. I guess it's because she never stops going on about the boys she sleeps with, and if she got with him I wouldn't be able to stomach her talking about him all the time. How stupid! I have no claim on him. People would say dumb things like "HG is staring at you loads" or "why haven't you slept with HG yet?" but I notice stupid girl-conscious things like how when he talks to L, he puts his hands on her waist, but he doesn't touch me when he talks to me. Erghh. I just couldn't help hoping he'd be the one to sleep in my bed that night, not C. Ah shutup Q. Stupid stupid stupid.

I'm rambling and being confusing and using lots of letters for names so kudos to you if you got through that and understood it. Kudos to you if you could even be bothered to read it.

Back to the important stuff!

I caved and had a packet of crisps yesterday, so I'm re-doing 200 today. Just had a smoothie and a coffee so far (and that'll probably be it). It's about 10 past 2 in the afternoon. Nice sunny day! Feels like summer.

Really really praying to stay down in the low 9 stone category. 9 stone 1 is perfect for me at the mo. If I get to 9 stone I'll cry with relief, and if I get below... I'm buying a new outfit!

I've noticed a lot of people doing this versatile blogger thing. I'm pretty rubbish at things like this but as I've been awarded a couple of times, I'll do it. Be warned though - most of the people I will award will no doubt have already been awarded, as I don't follow that many blogs, but at least it brings them to any unsuspecting reader's attention. You might discover a blog you really love! So.

The Rules:
1. Thank the person who loved you enough to bestow this gift
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Bestow this honour onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers– in no particular order– who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let your ten new friends know you admire them.

ver·sa·tile
adj.
1. Capable of doing many things competently.
2. Having varied uses or serving many functions.
3. Variable or inconstant; changeable.
4. Biology Capable of moving freely in all directions, as the antenna of an insect, the toe of an owl, or the loosely attached another of a flower

So... 7 things about me? That you don't already know? This is a tough one...

1. I'm very ambitious. I'd love to see myself as the editor of British Vogue one day. Or at least the editor of a mainstream magazine. My realistic aspiration is to end up a Features Editor. I'd be very, very happy with that. For someone that asked - that is what I want to go into in life. I'm not sure about journalism itself - I'm a writer, and journalistic writing seems to be very... straightforward. I don't think it takes a lot of creative thought. You know what I mean? Read a newspaper, and it's very blunt and to-the-point, as that's what people want to see. But a lot of features or entertaining articles in magazines are well thought-out and opinionated, and that's my style. I'd love to be a columnist. At this point, I can keep throwing myself into as much as I can - I head the dance troupe, I host a radio show and I'm running for Fashion Editor of the student newspaper for next year. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I also want to be a respected novelist. I'm really, really cocky about my writing. I got a place on a Creative Writing course where 400 people applied and only 15 people were accepted, and that was based on a small writing portfolio, like a couple of short stories. It was my moment of triumph. I didn't even take it! I wanted to go to uni instead. I have no regrets; that was more for my ego than anything else.

Wow, 1 was huge.

2. I like to be on my own. I have slight stranger fear too. I feel awkward passing strangers on the street. I feel worse if it's a person I know - I can't deal with small talk. I sound a bit like a social retard here, but I promise I'm not that bad. This is all in my head. I don't think anyone would guess this from bumping into me on the street, though I sometimes pretend not to see people when I've seen them just to avoid the small talk, or sometimes I won't see someone right in front of my nose because I'm lost in my thoughts! What a loser.

3. Pigeons freak me out. I can't even go near them, which is annoying as they're always in the way these days.

4. Er... I can drive? Doesn't seem to be a strange fact but the amount of people I meet who can't drive seems to be soaring these days. I know in a lot of countries they only drive automatics, but we all drive stick-shift here. The British driving test is the most difficult to pass in the world - I didn't pass first time, sadly. Nearly did, but accidentally smashed up the wing mirror. Woops! If that isn't a major I don't know what is! I really, really love driving. I love the feel of it. I had a really old car and it was so fun to drive, but as my parents got me newer cars it got less fun, as the accelerator was so sensitive and the gear stick practically moved around on its own. I like driving to be hard work.

5. I used to hate speaking on the phone, but I've had to make a lot of important phone calls as part of my responsibilities at uni and I think I've gotten over it. I still find it hard to understand people on the phone, sometimes, though. Like my sister. No idea what she's saying half the time.

6. My dad is the cleverest man I've ever met. He raised us on classical music and is constantly spewing out history lectures. He even used to teach us binary maths at breakfast when we were kids. How cruel is that?? The few hours of salvation we had from school and he brought learning into it! I love him, though. He knows EVERYTHING. You can ask him absolutely anything and he'll spin it into a lecture. He also had a cool life - every time he talks about his life, I learn something new - a new place he was in, new people he interacted with. He's a writer too and he's got a lot of scope to work with. I wish I did - I haven't come across many really interesting characters in my life. He's charming and chilled-out, but has guts. He's generally an awesome man. I'd love to marry a bloke like him.

7. I sound really gaggy and pretentious when I talk about myself. Like, now.

Ok, 10 people. Not necessarily 10 people I'm awarding as I'm sure they'd have already been awarded, but 10 blogs I love. In no particular order!

1. mags at 'Non Merci'
2. Ariana at 'A Thin Journey'
3. Almost.Skinny at 'Almost Skinny Vegan'
4. RaeLynn at 'Light of Foot, Strong of Heart'
5. miss alisha at 'We Move By Instinct Darling'
6. erin_d at 'Thinspiration Pictures'
7. amy at 'the quest for a skinny me'
8. Alice D/Bree at 'Hopes for Hipbones'
9.
10.

... I told you I don't follow many blogs! Ooer. At least, none of the others that I apparently follow on my dashboard have posted really in the last month or so, so I assume they're 'dead' blogs, so to speak.

Oh well! Check the ones I named! They're all really awesome.

S'laters,

Q x

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome how you're so involved at your uni- like with the radio show and dance troupes! And congrats on the creative writing thing! I bet that made yu feel special =). Creative writing is loads of fun, as long as it's not "required" writing for school research papers or anything. I'm right with you on number 5! I HATE talking on the phones, I would rather text instead. It's much easier and you don't have to do all that small talk and such.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wish I could right well!
    I'm the same with number 2 and 5 :)
    I can't wait to be able to drive! But someone told me they were going to move the age up? Idunno if that's true though, I hope not.
    You dad sounds really cool!
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete