Monday 7 March 2011

Rock your body


Voila. Moi.

ERGH.

As you can probably tell, I've really got the apple-thing going on. I like my legs and arms. My legs are actually pretty toned, though you can't tell from the hazy little Blackberry pics. It's just my MIDDLE. I'm hoping the belly will go with this no-alcohol thing - I used to have a fairly flat stomach before I came to uni, then I got a little beer pouch. But just generally, my entire middle needs work. I blacked out my face in the side pic as you could see a little too much of it.

I'd love to post pics of me as the mad hatter, but none of them have gone up on Facebook yet - at least, not the full-length ones of me. The only way I'd be able to get them is off Facebook too, and I dunno... I'm a bit funny about posting pictures of me that are CLEARLY me. So if someone who had seen me on that night, or has seen that photo, stumbled across this, they'd know it was me. It would be solid, rock-hard proof. I wouldn't be able to deny it. I hide my name, I hide what part of the country I'm from (I vaguely say North and South) - posting a picture is a huge deal for me, but not that many people have seen me in my underwear so they wouldn't even be able to clearly say "that's you." If I put a picture up of an outfit I've worn that's a photo of me on Facebook with my name tagged and my face clearly in it... the idea scares me. It's not just people would disapprove of what I'm doing food-wise, but I've spilled my feelings into this blog and I wouldn't want people to be able to associate that with me. So I'm cautious.

Shame, coz from what I remember, I looked pretty skinny in those photos.

Everyone's Lents seem really exciting, but the fact a lot of people are giving up meat is slightly worrying - when you get to a certain age, cutting out something like meat could be very dangerous for your body. I spoke to a woman at uni who did it and she nearly died, she had all sorts of gastric problems. Vegetarians can't suddenly incorporate meat into their diet (M accidentally had a bit of chicken once and her stomach was unsettled for the day) - when your bodies adjust to a certain way of eating, you have to kind of wean yourself into another way. Children tend to be ok, but it's harder for adults. I wanted to give up meat for Lent in honour of M until I heard all the horror stories - so if you're giving it up, I urge you, don't just suddenly cut it out! Wean yourself out.

It's my weigh-in tomorrow, and I'm not sure if I'll be at 9 stone 2. I'm praying! Fingers crossed. I don't feel like I've worked as hard as I could've, though. I was going to have a liquid fast today and I caved and got a sausage sarnie. Ugh! Those little slips are the stuff that make me keep the pounds on. Time to be getting them OFF.

At least I have pics of a before-and-after shot when I get skinny! Wahoooo.

I'm doing the 30 day song challenge on Facebook - each day you have to post a certain song on your Facebook depending on what it asks (i.e. Day 1 is post your favourite song.) I might do it on here too. My favourite song? Has to be Cry Me a River by Justin Timberlake. It never gets skipped on the iPod! Classic tuuuune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mu8MrCR5pQ

Q x

5 comments:

  1. You're absolutely beautiful! And though I'd love to see those crazy Mad-Hatter pix, I can totally understand where you're coming from.

    *Gasp!* I've JUST recently heard similar stories to those! I'm not too too worried though, as I'm pretty much a vegetarian already and no-one will question me later. I'll be sure to mention it on my blog though!

    Keep up the good work, and here's some skinny prayers for your weigh-in tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. owwwwwww girl! Those photos are smokin' HOT! it's too bad about the Mad Hatter pics, as I would've loved to see them, but I think we all understand the worry and paranoia about someone seeing them. As for the whole vegetarian thing, I'm glad I read your post. I had been considering trying out vegetarianism for a month when I go off to college in the fall, now I know it has to be gradual :) oh, and Justin Timberlake is the best! he's got swagger. i dig that ;) <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you look good! I wish I was as skinny as you! I totally understand about your not wanting to post any Mad Hatter pics- remaining anonymous is pretty important around this community :).

    Oh, and to answer your "no meat" thing- I'm not currently vegetarian but I was veggie for about 9 months throughout 2009-2010, then I started eating meat around the summer of 2010, then went back veggie until this past December (it's like I can't make up my mind ^^). Since I've started eating meat, I hardly ever touch it because it's something I don't crave like sweets or anything. However, if I gave up coffee...oh dear, I might have to be resuscitated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. honestly, it's like looking in the mirror. Except, you can pull it off. I have a bigger bum :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! you're crazy if you think otherwise. granted its your body your life, you can think what you want. I'm just saying from an outside perspective and a guys view... you are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! very sexy pics, keep up the good work you look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete