Wednesday 9 March 2011

Returns

Thinking of going back to the 2 4 6 8. I seem to get all these happy plans in my head about restricting and then fail because I just cave and think, 'god, I want a chocolate bar' or something. It's always around dance-time too (evening) so my dance friends must think I'm a right pig. The 2 4 6 8 works for me as I feel like it's an outside force controlling me - like I CAN'T break out of these rules. I might do what the SGD does too, so if by some horrible unavoidable circumstance I break out and go over my limit, I have to then burn off every single excess calorie in cardio. I like the 2 4 6 8, I really appreciate the gradual increase. It's like what Alisha says about it - you don't have to feel too bad for avoiding a certain type of food if it's too calorific, as you'll probably get the chance to eat it over the next couple of days anyway.

So, 200 tomorrow. Coffee, soup, apple. Standard. And whenever I buy soup they always ask if I want a bread roll with it (and I always say yes), so this time - NO. Not allowed!

Oh my god, check out these. I saw them in Cosmo.

http://www.withings.com/en/bodyscale

A set of scales that TWEETS your weight after you step on to them. Oh my god! As if Ricky couldn't get any crueller! I quote Cosmo: 'motivating or just excruciating?' They've put it under their 'So Wrong' category, so I guess they assume excruciating, but it's definitely motivating... imagine putting on a pound and having EVERYONE on your friend list know it, so they'd even look at you differently if they saw you, perhaps. God, that's definite motivation. I'd probably never eat again.

Had a really poor gym session today. Just felt so unmotivated. At least I went to Zumba last night, so I don't feel too bad. Haven't got much time to exercise over the next couple of days, but I might squeeze in a workout on Friday evening before my competition on the Saturday. Have to be up and at uni at 6.30 in the morning, ugh. I'd want to shower that morning too so I'm thinking 4.30 - 5am rise. Can hardly wait...

I'm considering the idea of becoming a 6am jogger when my gym membership runs out. I can't bear the thought of doing no exercise, and I like the idea of being bright and awake that early. I'd have to wait until I get some decent running shoes, though - if I get my parents to buy me some over Summer, I can start it then. I'd save it for the Summery months only - doing it in the dark is plain dangerous in the Wintry months. Can I fathom the idea of getting up that early by choice? We'll see!

Over and out,

Q x

5 comments:

  1. I want that scale! It WOULD be entirely motivating! For me, anyway...

    As for 2,4,6,8... does that work well? is it easier or more difficult than ABC or SGD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scale is HORRIBLE! I'd be so torn between "must weigh myself!" and "omfg they're all going to see..." that'd I just stay in bed all day!

    That whole 6am thing would never work for me, but kudos to you!! If you decide to go for it, I'll be thinking of you as I head to bed at 4am...

    Good luck on the 2468! Stay strong lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if it works for you, then I say go for it! I like diet plans like that because they give your structure and things to go by. A scale that tweets my weight would terrify me! I'd never step on it! Either that or disconnect the wi-fi or something! I just got a Twitter account a few days ago (even though I told myself I would never do it)- do you have a Twitter? I hope your Saturday competition goes well! What sorts of dances are you going to do?
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I would NEVER buy a scale that tweets my weight! way too terrifying! I guess it would be motivating, but it's only doing so out of fear, ya know? I've tried being a 6am jogger because I can find it incredibly difficult to run after school, but I found it incredibly difficult. Out of bed at 5:50, and then only a half hour of running before showering and getting ready for school. Even on Wednesdays like today, when school starts at 9:15, I still can't get out of bed because I'm too lazy :D haha like today that happened! <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to take up running, too, but I've also been putting it off for warmer, brighter months. Sidewalks around here are too icy (nobody follows the ordinances that require them to be cleared), and my neighborhood is slightly creepypants in the dark. I don't know if I could get up quite that early, though.

    OMG, I love the SGD. I think it's the structure and the accountability, too. I've been way more strict about this diet than any other I've tried, mostly because I've been blogging about it, but also because of the rules. I guess I like rules. I'm such a square. :>

    Good luck on 2468. <3 Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete