Sunday 20 February 2011

Zumba!

Wooow. Zumba is mad. I shook my arse like you would not believe and was sweating like a horse at the end of it. I went along with another dance friend and my gosh - I didn't realise Latin dancing could be such a workout! I've done a lot of Latin dancing before and a lot of Samba but it's never quite burned like that - though I suppose I've never thrown myself into it quite as much! We have a dance fitness class on Wednesdays and seeing as the current teacher is going home so won't be able to take it, I might nab it and turn it into a Zumba class. They'll love it.

I'm not sure how easy it'd be to pick up if you're not a dancer or some kind of Zumba expert, though. That's its downside. A lot of the girls looked flustered and confused and some of them just gave up and stood there. It's definitely something you need to throw absolutely EVERYTHING into - the girls who weren't really moving that much because they were self-conscious looked a lot stupider than someone like me, who was jiggling and throwing myself all over the place. This is what I like to think... ooer. Ah well, good workout!

I've had a pretty relaxed weekend and I'm preparing to get super busy again this week. This time I'll try to control the intake a bit more. If I stay busy, it won't be hard... evenings are definitely my weakness. How to get around evening eating?? I suppose it's all about willpower... it's so frustrating because I used to be sooo good at just denying myself food and now I cave more often than not. I haven't weighed myself in a while as I'm a bit scared of the Rick monster. I'll do it after a week of restricting, methinks.

The 2 4 6 8 has become very hard to control, being so busy. I might wait til I'm at more of a chilled-out time of my life and give it another whack. For now I'll just restrict. And go to the gym/Zumba whenever I can!

By the way, Bree, that was a charming comment you left on the last post. It's awesome that you're losing weight the healthy way now - man, I wish I had that mindframe - but no need to quite emphasize how GUILTY we feel and how we LIE and are KILLING OURSELVES. I mean, nice to show off your healthy eating with the hope of inspiring people but no need to smack us in the face with it. You say you understand girls with distorted eating, but you clearly don't as you'd know how it isn't so simple to just one day go "oh hey! I know! I'll try eating normally for once! What a mad thing I've been doing! Bye bye ED! Tra la la la laa!"

Ehh... s'cool.

Q x

4 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to try zumba but i'm a shit dancer so i'm convinced i'll look stupid! but my friend said you get all these old people with zero coordination there and i'm definitely better than that haha. i'm sure you were fab with all your dancing experience!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gym does zumba twice a week but I just havent found the time and motivation to go. It sounds like a lot of fun. I am not a dancer but I do love to break out in my bedroom and dance lol. keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about the Zumba craze, guess it works! I think now I would try it :) i like the name too! Zooooooooombah! teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Zumba sounds so cool. I want to try it for such a long time but I never got to it! I have to, asap!
    Stay strong

    ~ Meg

    ReplyDelete