Friday 25 February 2011

Aches and pains

Food yesterday was pretty awful - I blame the post-drinking feeling. I'd say hangover, but it wasn't quite that bad. Man, I am ACHING all over. The combination of a hardcore dance fitness class and alcohol has left my body in a state - though I'm always aching, really. I remember seeing this stupid internet thing which was like "100 ways you know you're a dancer" or something lame like that and one of them was "you're always aching in at least one body part." Which is sadly true. I guess you get used to it though.

But nah, it's pretty bad at the mo. My arms are killing me. Very odd. I better suck it up for my Freestyle class later on or I'll end up leading a crappy warm-up.

So, in an effort to stop me chewing at my fingers, I went to Boots and said to the lady, "hey ho, you got anything that you'd give to kids to stop sucking their thumbs?" She said, "we've got similar stuff for biting your nails - go over to the nail section and you'll find it." I went over and saw some nail-biting stuff, and spotted one (Boots own) that was in a nail varnish pot but looked more liquidy than nail varnish, which made me optimistic as I don't fancy painting nail polish all over my fingers (especially the bits where the skin is really broken.) So I got some.

Oh man, this stuff is GROSS. I painted it all over my fingers, put my tongue on my finger to taste it out of curiousity and it was HORRIFIC. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for ages. I tried to eat an apple to get rid of the taste but of course I got my fingers and thus this horrible stuff all over the apple and that turned disgusting too. I found myself hardly able to eat anything, because I eat pretty much everything with my hands (I blame the Malaysian in me.) Even eating a bowl of cereal was difficult without using my fingers to push some stubborn cornflakes on to the spoon.

However, I'm pleased. I couldn't go near my fingers with my mouth all evening, and if I put this on every day, I'm hoping I'll kick the habit. And I won't have to be ashamed of my fingers any more! Some of the skin I don't think will ever look the same, but that's ok. They'll look a lot better! I can't wait till all the skin's healed and my hands look pretty again.

I'm also hoping this gross stuff might make me eat less... because, as I said, a lot of foods I eat with my hands and this stuff might put me off. You never know.

L finally told the boys he's not living with them next year and now everyone hates him. We had a weird little house gathering in the living room last night (trust me, this is RARE, to get all 8 of us in one room at the same time - although L wasn't there, obv) and they were just having a massive bitchathon and a panic as to how they'd just signed and paid for a house which now had a missing tenant. It would have been ok if he'd told them earlier, but with every day that passes houses are getting snapped up and it's getting harder and harder to find decent ones. If they even can find a replacement - they've already paid for the new one, leaving some of them ridiculously poor. At least they won't have to live with him. He's becoming unbearable. But I've ranted enough about all that.

Haven't been to the gym in so long, sigh. Thank god for dance or I'd be a fatty.

Coming up to my 100th post and I want to make it special. Hmm! Maybe I'll just put in loads of random crap about myself.

I'm out!

Q x

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your dancing! Keep it up, the high energy stuff is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always seem to be doing one dance class or another! bet it burns TONS of calories! are they held at a gym or something? sounds fun!

    haha I know EXACTLY how you feel about ugly fingers- I used to bite my fingernails for 17 years, but it was this year's new year's resolution to stop, and I have! cold turkey. I now have 9 beautiful fingernails (1 of them is a cheat). I used to have absolutely awful nails, all bitten and peeled and bleeding, but they're all healed up now. I tried all those deterrents and polishes, but only cold turkey did it for me. I hope that the burning stuff works the way you'd like it tot! good luck! :D <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete