Friday 4 February 2011

Sleep deprived

2 hours of sleep last night. Whaaaat. Went out in the evening, with all the geeky newspaper boys. They're so cute! One of them at the pub we went to beforehand was all "I can't talk to women... I just have no idea what to say..." and he's sitting there with his gold granddad glasses and I just wanted to CUDDLE him. And in the club, when they try it on, they just have no idea how to dance with girls. True, they might have been wankered, but I thought it was massively adorable.

So much for not drinking! I was pretty bad. And I think I spent about £15, which is quite a lot considering I only intended to go out with a tenner. Because I was out with a load of people I don't normally go out with, I felt like I needed some alcohol in order to relax... awful, I know. I got weirdly shy for some reason. I'm never shy! What's up with that?

Then I even got takeaway afterwards, UGH. All the boys (housemate boys) had been out at a different club and we sort of arrived at the same time and chilled together. They were... weird. Not only madly hyper and wrestling each other, but really horny. And as I was the only girl around, the way they were looking and talking about me... urgh. They kept asking me to wrestle them. And there was one moment... my god, this is going to sound weird. I'm hoping it was a joke. I'm PRAYING it was a joke. I was sitting chatting to a couple of them and C had gone off on his own and was sitting at the other end of the corridor. I kind of forgot about him until he said "stay there, Q." And I looked over and he was WANKING. Staring at me. Oh good lord! Please say it just LOOKED like he was pleasuring himself, and he actually wasn't? That must've been it. No, it must've been a joke. If it wasn't... oh god, that's too weird. They kept going on about sexual things and it was ok to think about me sexually because I wasn't 'one of the lads'. "M is one of the lads, but you're not." R: "Yeah, but it's still a bit weird, it's Q." T: "No, I don't think it is." They must have been very drunk. Very very drunk.

Weird. Weird weird weird. I don't even know why I'm writing about this, I guess I just want to convey how disturbed I am to someone and there's no-one I can talk to in real life where it wouldn't sound really strange! M wouldn't believe me, or she'd just presume I'm exaggerating. It's nice to have somewhere I can be honest.

Anyway! Back to the important stuff. Because I've been so hungover, I've actually eaten loads today. I had a sausage sandwich before my 9.15, then a Morning Glory smoothie afterwards, and then after a nap I had 6 SLICES of bread and butter. I regret that! I feel sick. Tomorrow I need to get back on track. I ordered a new leotard today and it's great and I can't wait for when I can wear it on its own without even feeling the slightest bit self-conscious. I hope to be like that for the next dance show.

Gym tomorrow too. The first week back is finally over, so I can have a good day there. Amazing. Then we have to go out in the evening for D's birthday, but this time I'm determined to spend NOTHING. I don't pay to get in the club because I run the dance team and it's in walking distance so I won't need taxi fare, and I can just drink water or night or whatever someone bought me. Free night out! Yesss.

Oh! Amy nominated me for some honest thing. I think I just have to write 10 interesting facts about myself. Hard to think of ones you don't already know seeing the amount I ramble about myself... let's give it a shot!

1. I love to be on my own. Like, I could easily spend a whole week on my own and not even notice it's weird. I prefer doing things like shopping and going to the gym on my own, but people like M always moan that I didn't invite her. I'm so independent, but I tend to get clingy friends, and that always irks me.

2. I'm obsessed with perfect grammar. I mentally proof-read pretty much everything I read. I'm also obsessed with perfect spelling. Misuse of words (like saying 'there' instead of 'their') annoys me the most, but I have a special hate for people who spell definitely 'definatly'.

3. I'm terrified of pigeons. They're getting so cocky these days, I have this image of me getting too close to one and it taking off and flapping its wings in my face. Not cool!

4. I have a fashion scrapbook. I'm obsessed with fashion magazines and I'll often cut out the more interesting outfits or the ones I can draw inspiration from and stick them in my scrapbook. I have categories, based on practicality of the clothing, not trends - Spring/Autumn (the weather is similar so the clothing would be fairly similar), Summer, Winter, Evening and Beauty (hair and make-up looks I like.)

5. I'm really naturally messy. I hate it, but my room seems to get so messy so quickly. It's especially frustrating as my room's probably the messiest in this house!

6. I live in my own head. If someone I know passes me on the street, they have to wave in my face to get my attention. I'm constantly in a daydream. I can literally pass inches from them and not notice they're there, if they don't say anything. Speaking of...

7. I find those little encounters where you run into someone you know really awkward. I don't know what it is! It's ok once you're talking to them, but there's that moment when you're walking from opposite directions and you see each other and you have to awkwardly walk towards them knowing they're there and anticipating a conversation, staring and smiling at each other. It's weird. I don't know what to do!

8. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to films. I love Star Wars - the originals, though. The new ones are crap. My favourite film of all time would have to be the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy - I can't pick one, it has to be all three. Tied with Hot Fuzz.

9. I'm a flirt. Well, no. I'm friendly. But people always think I'm a flirt. Am I a flirt? I don't know.

10. I've got really strange-looking feet. Like, they don't look like ordinary feet. My toes and toenails aren't shaped normally. We have a strange gene in my Asian family where loads of us have weird problems with our hands and feet. Most of my relatives have 6 toes on one foot or were born with extra thumbs. My mum's thumbs curve inwards. One of my thumbs has the natural curve it's supposed to at the top, but the other is just straight. Still, I was actually blessed to be relatively normal - but my feet still look weird. I don't bother getting pedicures because no matter what I do, they're never going to look pretty! My sister got the perfect feet, but her fingers are a bit stubbier than mine.

Voila! That was difficult at first but I got into a bit of a roll.

I think I have to nominate 5 others... thing is, I don't follow many blogs and all the ones I do have already been nominated by others! So I might skip that part. If Ariana hasn't been nominated yet, though, so I nominate her. I really can't remember. So Ariana, if you're reading, start thinking of your 10 facts!

Q x

3 comments:

  1. although I have sometimes have terrible grammar, I totally agree on the spelling and grammar obsession. It drives me nuts!

    that is super cute about the geeky boys at the club though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! Your mates sound like they get really weird when they've been drinking! I hope that guy staring at you while wanking was just him being stupid because that would be REALLY weird! Don't worry about your hangover binge- you'll get back on track soon! (oh, I love your British lingo! I like it better than American words- like knickers, uni, mates- what are some other words the Brits say that are different than Americans? I mean, I know of a few like "bangers and mash" and "fish and chips" but that's really about all. I want to start incorporating more words from different cultures in my own speech ^^).

    I like being on my own as well. I like spending time with folks occasionally but I would much rather be by myself. Haha, I like the grammar thing! Spelling errors drive me nuts! My friend K nicknamed me "the grammar Nazi." I hate how people spell bulimia as "bulemia" :/. Oh, and Lord of the Rings OWNS. 'Nuff said. And thank you for the nomination! I feel honored! I was nominated a few days back though =(...but that's ok! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god that is so freaky about your friend!! lol that should go under awkward situation in the dictionary. hopefully he was absolutely shitfaced and won't remember it so you don't have to talk about it :P
    i love your 10 things!! we're so similar. you would be so awesome to know in real life, methinks.
    love xx

    ReplyDelete