Wednesday 23 February 2011

Bad mood

I've been binging far too much recently. It seems simply restricting isn't working for me. I have too much liberty with no calorie allowance. So I'm going to limit myself to 200 or 300 calories a day AFTER breakfast. Meaning in total it'd get to 400 or 500. I think that's an ok limit for a while. Today my plan is some cereal for breakfast, then an apple and a coffee for snacks, then soup for lunch/dinner. Seems alright to me.

I'm so ill right now, it's rubbish. My whole head seems clogged up.

My god, one of my housemates is driving me MAD. Driving us all mad, actually. I was just reminded of it as he's on the phone and I can hear his stupidly loud phone voice echoing through my walls. It's L - he got a girlfriend a few months back and became one of those people who forgot he had friends and wanted to spend ALL his time with the girlfriend. I mean, they're inseparable. Which, you know, is a bit annoying but we made our peace with it (we didn't even miss him that much, as it was nice to go through an evening without having to hear about all his problems and all about his life.) But considering he barely sees us any more, his house habits are becoming ridiculous and disgusting. He steals EVERYONE'S food. He uses EVERYONE'S stuff. BUT when he thought someone might be drinking his apple juice, he PISSED in the carton and put it back in the fridge, so my other housemate got a nasty surprise when he went to take a sip. Sure, quite funny, but full on DISGUSTING - I don't think I'd do that to my worst enemy. Plus he put his urine in our fridge?? What the fuck??

He then clogs up one of the loos, and doesn't bother to attempt to get rid of it. M, bless her, tries, but doesn't succeed. No, he just leaves it for us to sort out and whilst we fail, he just goes on top of it! No wonder I'm ill. It's a breeding ground for germs. Luckily our landlord is coming to sort it out now.

The eating-people's-food thing is the worst though - only because he gets soooo angry when people eat his and does horrible things like the apple juice incident. I noticed he was eating a lot of my butter, so I put fingerprints in it, as L has this weird thing about people touching his food. If I ever get really angry, I'm going to go into his cupboard and run my hands all over his food. Silent revenge! He made our kitchen a mess just by leaving stuff lying around, so had the audacity to complain and move into the upstairs kitchen, where he's eaten all of M's butter in a matter of days and annoyed all of them up there.

Plus, he's just a nob. He's lost his sense of humour and cannot joke or take a joke any more. He's not even planning to live with the boys next year, but instead of telling them in time like a normal, decent person would do, so they can find a house, he's decided to wait until they've found an ok house with him (and all the others have gone) and are on the brink of signing. They don't even know yet.

I can't even speak to him these days.

Sorry! I know no-one cares about the petty drama of housemates, but I reeeally wanted to rant. Nice to get it off my chest. I really want to get into a shouting match with him but what's the point? He's so arrogant, anything I say will just bounce right off of him and leave his swollen ego intact.

Glaaardgjsdjgsdg.

Q x

5 comments:

  1. omg that's absolutely disgusting!!! far out! he is definitely being so unreasonable. have you tried talking to him?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your house mate sounds horrible!! How can someone do the "apple juice" incident to friends!! I agree maybe not even to worst enemy that's pretty yuck!! I would be telling him to tidy up or to get out!! Hope it gets better!!

    I also hope you feel better soon as well =)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good calorie allowance- breakfast is always great because it gets your metabolism going. I find that if I don't let myself have a calorie allowance I eat way too much throughout the day. Wow, that L guy sounds pretty odd- peeing in apple juice?? How does that kind of thing?! If he doesn't like people touching his things, then he shouldn't do the same to others- you should totally put him in his place...or better yet, kick him out. I hate it when friend gets a boyfriend/girlfriend too because they usually forget about their other friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I hate bad roommates so much! There's not much to be done but ostracize him though. I've had a few situations like this, eventually the person either wises up and realizes he doesn't have any friends (i.e. fixes himself) or decides everyone in the world is an asshole and goes to live by himself. Either way, problem solved, it's just fucking annoying in the meantime. Just make a show of working well with your other roommates and ignoring him because that's how he wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha what an awful housemate! by the way, I love how you Brits talk! the loo, a nob, it's all so dreamy and sophisticated. boring old america. ah well, people get a bit strange when they ditch their friends for a new bf/gf. perhaps he'll get back to normal soon. love your blog! follow me? http://lightfootstrongheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete