Saturday 19 February 2011

Manic

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot, this last week has been SO busy. I've forgotten what luxury time is, where you can just sit down and do nothing. I've barely had time to breathe. My friends are starting to wonder why I'm never around. Being busy has its pros and cons. A con is that I've barely been focusing on my food. A pro is that I haven't been eating much anyway as I have no TIME for food. A con is that this also means I haven't had time for exercise, aside my daily dance classes. Today I'm gonna spend a good while at the gym then I might go again tomorrow morning then go to a Zumba class in the evening. It'll be the first time I'll try it and I can't wait!

The food thing is difficult. I'm wary of ballooning up again. I don't really have time to eat in the morning or during the daytime, so I end up being famished in the evening and eat loads then. It's a terrible pattern. I hate myself for giving up breakfast; I might make a late NY resolution - to ALWAYS eat brekkie. Even if it means getting up that half an hour earlier (ergh.) It's half 11 and I should really get up and eat something now. With coffee. OOH, my friend last night gave me a sachet of instant coffee her friend, who works at Starbucks, brought from work. Oh my god, YUM. I've never had a Starbucks coffee before but it was amaaazing. Still don't think I'd ever go to Starbucks as it's so overpriced, but I'm definitely nicking sachets whenever I can!

I'm rambling about the most random things. Might as well carry on.

I've got another social on Wednesday and the theme is Back to the 90s. I'm reeeally hoping to somewhere find some metallic cycling shorts and a bum bag. Nostalgic! The bum bag is practical too, as I can put my stuff in it! I think Americans would know it as a fanny pack... but we could never call it that as fanny does NOT mean bum in England... it means, er... never mind...

I just googled 90s fashion and the stuff coming up is hilarious... I think I'm gonna look for clothes a bit more personal to me, though, like the mad stuff I wore as a kid. God knows I was NOT fashionable. I know a lot of the dance girls are planning to come as Spice Girls, which I have a feeling will result in tiny dresses and heels... I'm gonna look like a plonker next to them!

Ho hum.

I'm actually starting to get nervous about giving up alcohol for Lent. If I do anything stupid on a night out (or even things I don't think are stupid, but other people do), it's so easy to say the next day "well, I was drunk." Take the other night. I got off with a guy who I know my friends will never let me forget, and although I don't regret it as he's HOT, I know I was just in a looong list of girls he got with that night. I do feel weird about it. I don't think he even remembers. Weirder because if he came on to me again, I'd definitely go for it again, and heck, I'd probably sleep with the guy. But it'd be so much easier to just say "well, I was drunk, that's why I did it." I don't know. It's hard to explain. I guess I'm far too wary of other people's opinions of me. And if I do something other people might not approve of, it's easier to pretend I wasn't myself. I need to start being honest and proud of myself. I should make my own choices and be happy with them. Maybe the lack of alcohol will help me with that?

Wow, that was deeper than I thought it'd be.

Anyway! Breakfast time! And no rubbish eating tonight!

Over and out,

Q x

6 comments:

  1. Haha, fanny...I had to Google that to see what means in the UK and that's pretty funny! "Bum" in the US is someone who always wants wants money or things from you and never pays you back. I love how words are the same but carry two totally different meanings! 90s was a time of great music and television shows! Man, I miss those times... I hope you have tons of fun at your social :). You're probably right, maybe your lack of alcohol will help you become more proud of yourself and be happy/accountable for the choices you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahh bum bag :) i would definitely go as posh spice haha during my single digit years i was obsessed with the spice girls and always went to parties as posh coz i had dark hair like her.
    *starts humming stop right now*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your 90's themed social!! And I lol'ed at the bum bag/fanny pack. I always knew "fanny" as your lady area, so the first time I was at a friend's house and heard her mother say "fanny" I was like OMG WHAT?!? Sick!!! And then I found out that here it means your bum. Weird yanks. :/

    The Spice Girls were fun, but the early 90's were more fun. Like Blossom, and 90210.... Such fun outfits.

    Good luck giving up drink for Lent! I'm going to try and give up junk food...

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello girls I have returned to blogger after trying to lose weight the healthy way and developing a better mental health I gave up I threw it all away to become "Delicate!!" Threw all my hard work away so I could eat from one extreme to another, to get to my goals quicker!! As many of us do we give up and think it will be easier and quicker to try a stupid diet which you only end up binging and back to square one!!

    I am ashamed of my choices and want to continue down my path of being healthy!! I can not believe I nearly threw it all away!! I have decided to give it my all 100% and nothing less!! I will reach my GOALS but in a HEALTHY way!!

    I too want to look great in a Bikini, in that Little Party Dress, in those CK Jeans but I want to ROCK them without feeling GUILTY, without LYING to all those around me and to not be KILLING MYSELF in the process!! I want to look HOT in ULTIMATE HEALTH and HAPPINESS, I want to have AWESOME SELF ESTEEM and I want to ROCK CONFIDENCE!! I want to earn the JOY of achieving HEALTH - HAPPINESS - SELF ESTEEM and CONFIDENCE the right way not the wrong way!! I want this more than anything in LIFE and I am going to get it !! It is now or never, there is no looking back!! Please support me and I will return the favor!! I choose to follow girls with distorted eating as I feel they understand what I am going through compared to "normal eating" girls they just think I am crazy!!

    http://never----ever----give----up.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-place-to-another.html

    I am putting this every where because I know I will influence at least one person out in this great big world to never give up and to keep trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your blog - Definitely following <3
    Stay strong and beautiful sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that's funny about fanny! I live in the US and my mom still carries around a ratty old fanny pack, but now you've given it new meaning haha! it's also kinda weird how in the UK getting pissed means getting drunk, but here it means getting angry. so strange!

    ReplyDelete