Tuesday 11 January 2011

Sufferings

Well, I think yesterday was the closest thing I had to a fast. Yeah, I had the sausage butty in the morning, but after that, I ate nothing. Don't underestimate me ladies and gents, whilst fasts are backhand knowledge for a lot of you lucky ones, for me it's a bit of a tricky deal. My body made me pay, too. As I expected, I didn't get much sleep, and I woke up feeling absolutely awful. I had the night sweats but was shivering uncontrollably and had to get up and eat a barrel of branflakes to calm my body down and head back into bed to actually get some sleep. And the gym didn't happen today. Oh dear!

So, whilst I can get to low calories, I definitely need to stagger them throughout the day or I'll keel over, practically. C'est la vie! I do sort-of want to try a proper fast but I'm nervous of how rubbish it makes me feel... maybe if I have a day where I'm on my own and have nothing to do, and nothing to do the following morning, I'll give it a go. How do some of you do it for 3 days or more? Impressive stuff!

Just read an article with Kelly Osbourne in Cosmo and it's all oooh, she's lost so much weight, she looks amazing. Apparently she got from 12 stone to 8 stone 7 lbs and is now a size 6 (my dream.) I hate it when they brief the diet though, as successful dieters always seem to recommend eating so much! I don't understand it... if I ate that much I'd balloon up!

She also said 3 or 4 times a week she runs for half an hour on the treadmill, so I'll aim to get my time up to that. My personal trainer told me fat burn only occurs after 20 minutes of steady running, as the initial stuff is just burning carbs. Time to crank it up!

Off to the gym tomorrow... I pray for more success than yesterday's!

Love love

Q x

2 comments:

  1. Fasting is hard for me too- maybe we're better as restricters than we are fasters! I hear that when you feel sluggish fasting it's your body getting rid of all the toxins and after about the third day you start feeling better. My nutrition professor said that same thing about the 20 minutes thing- she said that you have to exercise for that long to start the fat burning so you're right, we better crank up the exercising! Great job with the almost fasting! (I don't know how people can go 10 days, that's awesome!)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariana is right about the toxins. The next time you fast it should be easier with less suffering. If it isn't, you may just be one of those people that can't go without food for more than a few hours. My husband is like that. He has to keep his blood sugar steady or he can't function.

    I hope you are just experiencing toxin build up though. Fasting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete