Thursday 13 January 2011

Return of the gym bunny!!

Gym day 2 was MUCH better than Gym day 1. I know it's technically yesterday, now, but ehh. I did everything I said I would (treadmill, rowing, cycling, cross-trainer, plus all my toning stuff) and managed to get in some stretching, though I couldn't get into the studio to choreograph. I hope it frees up more - I haven't been able to get in yet - dance classes start up in a couple of weeks and I better have something to teach! Saying that, my ballet teacher plans on using the empty studio in the Student Union to choreograph (with me as her stand-in partner) so I could always use that time, too. It's gonna be fun standing in for her - I'm terrible at ballet, and she's gonna be prancing around en pointe around me. She's one of the best ballet dancers I've ever seen in the flesh.

Anywho, back to the gym. I was aching so much that I didn't go today (which I was sad about - yesss, the gym bunny's back!) - but if I go again tomorrow and work myself out in the same way (or harder), I think going every other day will be ok while I work on bringing my fitness back up to scratch. I also found I was generous with the plank - I wrote down in my gym plan to hold it for 10 seconds, but the yesterday I did it for 20! Waheyyy. I'm gonna try and keep building that up, a couple of seconds per session, until I'm holding it for AGES. When I'm doing toning stuff there's always blokes next to me who try and show off, so when I gave up the plank after 20 seconds, this guy got into it and started doing leg-raising activities IN plank position (arghh) for a long time. But then he sat with his legs out and tried to touch his toes. And failed. So I sat in that position and put my head on my knees. HA, suck on that, gym boy!

You know what's funny? When I joined this gym, I signed a 12-month contract and thought, huh, I hope I stick around for the 12 months so I don't waste the money. Last time I joined a gym I stuck around for about 3, max. But this time... now I'm dreading my contract running out!

Trying to avoid late-night eating... arghhh, need to get back into my old habits! I seem to get stomach cramps when I deprive myself of food after a certain time so earlier I caved in and ate two pieces of bread. I need to just man up and get through the cramps.

Realised I never answered a question Ariana asked me the other day, about my degree. Hmm, well in British unis we don't really 'major' in anything, we just kinda pick a degree course and roll with it. Saying that, ironically, my degree course is English with Creative Writing, so that does technically mean English is like my major and Creative Writing is like my minor, haha :) I'm a bit of a rarity, though. Most people either pick one subject or do Joint Honours - so equal amounts of two different subjects. Also, English IS English Literature, and I have a lot of essays to write, plus all the Creative Writing bits! Hence the stupid amount of writing... tomorrow I have to try and get through 3000 words of Elizabethan torture... oh, what japes! Can hardly wait.

Anyway, I'm out, yo.

Q x

1 comment:

  1. So, you do ballet too or is it something you done when you were younger? I think that's awesome hoe you're a dance teacher! What kinds of dance do you teach?

    Working out every other day sounds like a good plan, that way your muscles have time to relax and you won't be as sore between workouts. Haha, way to show up those gym boys! I think it's funny how guys try to show off around girls at the gym :).

    I totally forgot I asked you about your degree! I remember you mentioning how much you have to write so I thought it was something English related. I'm from America so I'm not sure how the colleges/uni's are in the UK (I would love to visit there some day!). I think it's interesting how the two are different :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete