Wednesday 5 January 2011

Literally blogging so I don't run into the kitchen and binge my head off.

DISTRACT MEEEE.

I know, I've already blogged today. This is just lame. I hope that in your part of the world it's actually the next day, so I look like I do have a life outside the internet.

I'm quite proud of my intake today. Started the day off with a little bowl of branflakes. About 100 cals, kickstarts the metabolism, all gooood. Then I had a coffee, standard. Then a fat-free yoghurt. Then - get this - was starving, but AVOIDED A BINGE. Was SO CLOSE. Ate one of these stupid little cracker things, tasted really good, tried one with Boursin cheese, ok, omg look there's pasta in the fridge, I'm hungry, let's eat some!! Get a fork!! Oh look, clingfilm, take it off, NO DON'T DO THIS, nah doesn't matter I'm starving, NO YOU'LL ONLY REGRET IT, THIS IS THE POINT WHERE YOU TURN BACK, screw you conscience, this'll be good for my metabolism, NO IT WON'T FATTY, THIS IS WHY YOU WON'T EVER GET SKINNY, I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS, JUST TURN AWAY, oh shit you're probably right, I'll never be skinny, I can't do this, I'm putting the fork down.

Oh man, I'm going to try and have that stupid argument in my head every time I binge. It just might work!

No fo' real, I'm proud of myself.

Then what did I eat after that? Er, picked at some cherry tomatoes, then went to the cinema, where friend was on a diet toooooo so brought along diet coke and grapes to snack on (score) which was essentially my dinner, and then just had a coffee as I'm SO BLOODY HUNGRY but TRYING TO RESIST.

I know it's not as awesome as some of your intakes (actually when I write it down it looks like quite a lot) but I'm ok with that. I WON'T binge tonight, I will go to bed hungry and thus be successful! Huzzah!

Thank you amy for your comment on the last post. I actually kind of think of you as my blogging sister as we both started our blogs at the same time and sort of discovered each other's and started supporting each other at the same time. The only difference is that you have about a million followers now, and rightly deserved! I do love everyone who comments, though. A lot. And my followers. Believe me, a few kind words of support and your names and words get stuck in my head for a loooooong time.

Saw Gulliver's Travels today. Not much cop. It's a shame as they had all that comedy genius, like Catherine Tate and Billy Connolly and (much as I hate to admit it) James Corden, and they barely did anything. They just made it about the hopelessly mundane Emily Blunt. Shame. The cinema was also rubbish as these stupid tweeny girls came and sat in front of us with McDonalds (that's against cinema law, yo) and made loads of noise and danced around and when I loudly bitched about them they seemed annoyed and I swear one of them threw a chip at me. And even when the cinema lady came in and was like "GET RID OF YOUR FOOD" they just ignored her. Then they ran out as soon as the film ended and left McDonalds bags and other crap EVERYWHERE, which I just think is disgraceful as the poor cinema staff have to clear that up. Take your rubbish out! I almost forgot I was an adult and wanted to kick their chairs a lot.

Oh, the burdens of young teenagers trying to be cooler than they are! We've all been there, I suppose.

Alright, I'm out! Love you all,

Q x

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to remember your example when I'm teetering on the edge of a binge! Well done.

    Doesn't it feel marvelous to overcome an urge like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing to avoid a binge is a great reason to blog! Great job avoiding that binge! You should feel proud of yourself! That's a great idea- having one of those arguments before eating something bad. I've had a few of those but always gave in...and you know what? I've always hated myself and felt horrible afterwards. So NOT giving in is always the better option! Those teens seemed really lame and disrespectful! That would've been funny if you randomly kicked their chairs through the whole film...then blamed it on turrets :D

    ReplyDelete