Tuesday 25 January 2011

Ha, muppet.

I should mention - I've been feeling a bit crappy the last couple of days. Fluey. Cold, cough, blocked up, no voice, sore throat, the whole works. Had a day in bed the other day, was feeling ok yesterday, was feeling alright today. I try to man up through colds. Since when did a sniffle stop anyone doing anything?

Er, except it sort of stopped me exercising. Let me paint you my picture. Ok, off to the gym! Hit the treadmill first! I'm GOING to do 20 minutes interval training because I CAN and WILL! Woooo! Ok here we go! Going well! Woo hoo! Can really feel it working me out! Power through the stitch... stick on some Pendulum... running music at its best. Yes, here we go! Wahooo! Look at this, you're nearly done! You've done 17 minutes... 3 more to go and you're sorted! You're Wonder Woman! Ok, 18th minute... ok, feel a bit light headed... OH GOOD LORD I'M GOING TO FAINT. Ok. Slow down... ok STOP... ok get off the treadmill, drink lots and lots, argh it isn't really working, back to the changing room, put your head between your knees, NO DON'T DO THAT IT HURTS, throbbing head, ok that was shit.

Booooo illness. Boo.

On the plus side, eating's been alright today. I've probably gone over 800, but I haven't eaten anything exceedingly crap. Bread and butter (new favourite of mine), crackers with houmous, apples. And I WON'T do any late-night eating tonight.

I've decided I'm going to continue this 2 4 6 8 malarkey until I drop below 9 stone. Hopefully I'll get better at it with practice. If I get below 9 stone, I'll chill out a bit on the calorie counting and just restrict, but if I shoot back into it, I'll restart. I'll get into and STAY in that 8 stone category if it kills me.

Hope I feel better tomorrow and can re-hit the gym. Though it might not be such a good idea after today's fiasco. Hmm...

Big up 36 followers! I'm on the incline... though I'm very aware I said I'd take a body-shot if I got to 50, ooer. An honest-to-God body shot too, in my underwear, cruel and ruthless... be warned, it's NOT pretty. Don't actually have a working camera but I'll see if I can sort it out via the Blackberry. Just gotta work out how to upload pics to the internet...

I'm gonna do an Ariana and personally reply to the most recent comments too :) coz I loove y'all.

adrian - wahoo, someone's with me on the perils of alcohol! It really does suck. I told M I was gonna give up alcohol for Lent (though start and end it a week earlier, as I've got a uni holiday the week before Easter which is essentially a giant piss-up... and there's no point staying sober for that, it's the whole point of going!) and she was all SAY WHAAAT. My liver will thank me, though, I like to think...

Izzy - you're right, alcohol is calorie-mania - when it's liquid, it's crazy to think it counts! I did hear once that the body always metabolises alcohol first, so the reasons to avoid it on a diet is so your body can actually burn off the FOOD you've eaten beforehand, rather than wasting all its time on the alcohol. I definitely think cutting back will help me along this rocky road.

Ariana - I wouldn't recommend taking medication before or during drinking - doesn't that mess it up and get you drunk very quickly? Ooer. I might avoid that, haha. I'm lucky and don't usually get the headache-part of a hangover (which is the worst bit) but it would be nice to learn some tricks to avoid hangovers. I heard they come up because alcohol dehydrates you (wahey, I'm full of the facts today), hence needing to pee all the time when you're drunk, so your liver steals all the water from the brain and other parts of the body the next day as it's doing the mad job of metabolising all that alcohol in your system. That's why your head and body feels shit - lack of water. So I think adrian's idea has merit - if I drink a lot of water before, during and after drinking, and then lots the next day, I might be able to avoid the worst of it. And we Brits are notorious for our binge drinking. Terrible stuff!

amy - daaamn, how was Thailand? Hope you had a hot time - get a post up on your blog and spill all the beans! I'm too jealous. I live about a million miles away from Thailand so it'd cost a BOMB for me to go - though I am heading to Malaysia soon to see family, and as it's right next door, I might see if I can ferry over just to check it out. Hell, my cousins in Malaysia just go across to go shopping, so it doesn't seem like an awkward detour, ha.

Catch you all sooooon

Q x

1 comment:

  1. thailand was wild :) too much to write all at once! definitely see if you can get over there you'll have a blast. coincidence - i have family in malaysia too :)
    take care of yourself while you're sick hun! though i admire your determination to get on that treadmill no matter what.
    stay strong x

    ReplyDelete