Monday 8 August 2011

Weigh day

Ok Ricky, show me what you got.

9 stone 5. Ok, not good, but not bad! So that means I've got 12 lbs to burn in 19 weeks. Still do-able. I can handle this.

Had another embarrassing 7am jog. I had this drum'n'bass music blaring and it was building up for a crescendo and I was ready to sprint and I said to myself 'imagine you're being chased' and the song got loud and hardcore and I WAS GOING FOR IT I WAS RUNNING FOR MY LIFE and then a minute later I was almost dead with exhaustion. I hope I never do have to genuinely run for my life, as things won't be looking good. But never mind. I'll keep working at it.

Annoyingly I have work every other morning until Saturday, and I hate jogging in the afternoon. So I'll have to hit the workout DVDs until then, and just have a long weekend of jogging whenever I can do it. Which is frustrating as I want to build up my jogging stamina. Unless I get up even earlier and go jogging at 6?? Hmm... I'll have to think about that one.

Food today hasn't been great, I was trying to eat small but mid-afternoon I ended up eating a packet of crisps. But at the moment I'm just concentrating on not eating anything after dinner, which we have pretty early, so it's basically not eating after 6pm. Baby steps.

I've planned out how I'm going to eat when I'm at uni: I'm thinking a decent bowl of cereal in the morning (with skimmed milk, naturally), a cup of green tea mid-morning (might have to take it to uni in a flask, or drink it cold), some sort of healthy lunch (cold for when I have to pack it and take it in to uni, like a salad or cold pasta, and hot when I can eat it at home, like home-made soup or grilled fish with veg), a coffee mid-afternoon, and then just a yoghurt and a cup of green tea in the evening. Lunch will be my main meal of the day. If my housemates question why I don't eat a proper meal in the evening, I'll just say my digestive system plays up if I eat a heavy meal too late in the day, and this is something that's been getting worse over summer. They shouldn't question it - to be honest, my digestive system messes me around enough. If a social situation desperately requires it I will eat in the evening, but if not I genuinely think a yoghurt will sustain me. I find them very filling. I'll try to put chilli sauce or powder on my lunch, and I'll snack on chillies before I exercise and sort of regularly throughout the day. Come on, metabolism!

And every time I've got a morning spare, a morning jog. I might get up even earlier once I'm at uni, as I live in a very urban area and there's a big risk of running into people I know on their way to lectures and lots of cars being everywhere. Ah well, at least M's into super-early-morning jogging too.

I'm so ready to do this. I can't wait! Bring on the 19th December! The end of my 19-week challenge, when I hope to have lost 12 lbs. I'll try and bring some of this stuff into my diet already, like drinking green tea and planning lunches that are nourishing which I'll be able to take into uni with me. And then a fast day every first Sunday of the month. This'll be ace, and with any luck I'll be saving money too if I won't be eating much.

Fingers crossed,

Q x

3 comments:

  1. You can DEF get 12 pounds in 19 weeks! Good luck with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 lbs in 19 weeks is achievable! I might join you on this, if you don't mind?

    Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like everyone goes through green tea phases XD Haha have fun!

    ReplyDelete