Saturday 6 August 2011

Rev the metabolism

Foods that boost metabolism which I will now be incorporating into my diet as often as I can:

- Oily fish - this is a tricky one. I don't really know how to cook fish, but I'm fortunate enough to live very close to a fishmonger, so I can ask for tips. My mum cooks sardines a lot, but she pulls their heads off and guts them with her bare hands in the sink, and I don't know if I'm ready for that!
- Chillies. Easy - I'll add chilli powder/sauce to my food, and snack on them from a jar when I find the time. Maybe before exercising. Luckily I'm good with spicy food. Supposedly they can help you burn up to 1000 extra calories a day!
- Oranges, or other fruit ridden with tons of Vitamin C. Could help burn 100 extra cals a day. I won't do this every day, though, as the acidicity won't be great for my teeth.
- Coffee - 1 cup a day is best. Hooray!
- Green tea - supposedly 2 cups a day helps rev up the metabolism. I might have to force myself to drink this one, but I did that with coffee and in the long run it worked!

I'm starting a different blog, a blog I can sign my name to, as I'm conscious that going into a writing career without a blog to speak of (ahem) is risky. It's all about creating Brand Q, as my dad's always on about. Future employers will be impressed. I wish I could post the blog here, but I'm so paranoid of identity crossovers. Even though I doubt any of you on this blog would know who I am in real life, it's a risk I'd rather not take. But don't worry - I won't be giving up this one! You lucky readers, you...

Signing off,

Q x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that, I had stopped drinking coffee thinking i'll gain weight.
    ha.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I might try incorporating more in my diet- especially the oily fish, although this may be a problem because I don't really like fish.

    I wish I could read your other blog but as you're such a great writer, I'm sure future employers/readers will be impressed! Glad you're still keeping this one too :)

    ReplyDelete