Friday 5 August 2011

New target date

It seems everyone's in a bit of a blogging slump at the moment. The last update on my news feed was from a week ago! I guess in summertime, it's hard not to be out enjoying ourselves. Understandable stuff, really.

Life's got crazier than ever and I'm back to work - though a different kind of work, a work that involves sitting down in an office most of the time, so I'm not as positive about this as the other. I do a bit of running around, but not much, and I'm feeling fatter than ever at the moment. I need to up the exercise in my spare time - back to the workout DVDs, I think! They're the only things that I'm always motivated to do.

A lot of my friends have been cutting all their hair off recently, and I'm absolutely desperate to do mine. I'm so constantly keen to change my hairstyle, it's getting ridiculous! The dream is to have a mega-mega-short pixie crop, but annoyingly, I know I don't have the face to pull that off. My face is a tad too round, my features not elfin enough. So I'm thinking of getting Carey Mulligan's grown-out crop:

It's still short, but because it's textured it'll allow me to get a bit of volume to balance out my massive face. However! There's a catch. I'm only allowed to get this done in the Christmas holidays and ONLY if I'm 8 and a half stone or less. It's partly to act as motivation for weight loss, partly because I think the hairstyle would work better if my cheeks were a little less puffy. So it's game on from here. I don't know what I weigh at this moment in time, but it could be looking like I have about 11lbs to lose in 4 months. Doable? Hell yeah! With commitment.

I read an interview with Emma Watson today (I hate her on-screen but adore her off-screen) and when asked how she stays so small, she said she's lucky enough to find junk food repulsive. I want to try and make that a part of my life: junk food = yuck. I've already gone off pizza, so that's a start, and my friends already know I'm not the biggest fan of chips, so it should be easy to persuade them I've gone off greasy burgers and chicken wings. I'll eat healthy, fresh food, and ONLY when hungry, and with all that effort, I honestly reckon that target weight will become achievable. In tune with the Monday-weighing (which I will reinstate), I've set my target date for the 19th December. That's 19 weeks on Monday, so I could lose less than a pound a week and still make it. I dropped 18 lbs in a matter of months last year. I can do that again. Bring it on!

Q x

2 comments:

  1. I'm in a blogging slump myself- just not feeling it, you know! I liked changing my hair a lot too- mostly the colour though. I dye it every two months because I'm always wanted something different. That girl's haircut is really cute! A word of warning though- know that when you cut it, it will take bloody ages to grow out again! I cut my hair about a year and a half ago and I regret it so much. But that's the good thing, hair will always grow back! You can definitely lose 11 lbs in 4 months, that's completely doable!

    I freaking adore Emma Watson. She's so photogenic and such a chameleon- she can pull off any look. I wish I found junk food repulsive- it's my one weakness! I love sweeties too much and that's what really throws me off track with my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe there's nothing interesting going on in the summer or they're all on vacation?

    ReplyDelete