Sunday 7 August 2011

Progress...

I was depressed by the idea of setting my alarm for 7am for a jog, so turned it off, but to my delight I woke up naturally at 7 anyway, so went for a jog by myself. My sister always wants to go jogging at about 10am, but I absolutely hate jogging at that time. Jogging in the morning is so peaceful; as it was a Sunday today, there weren't even any cars around. Of course, I was still rubbish. It's kind of annoying - I can jog for half an hour on a treadmill but 10 minutes in the outdoors absolutely kills me? I guess it's the wind resistance and the hilly areas around my home. I don't feel like I'm working out properly, either - my legs feel fine and I'm not sweating, but my heart is pounding so hard I feel like throwing up in my mouth. I'm going to have to fight against nature and get through that, and things should improve.

Food today hasn't been brilliant because of the weekly Sunday roast, but at least it was fairly early: 4 o' clock, and I don't plan on eating anything else today (it's now 6). Should leave me nice and empty for weigh day tomorrow morning. Erk. I'm not sure whether to weigh myself after the jog or before, not that it'd make much difference. Either way, I've got my fingers crossed. Tomorrow begins the 19-week challenge, and I'm so ready for that right now.

I've been toying with making some sort of attempt at the Dukan diet - I can't be bothered to pay for it properly, but I might look at some of the tips. The French love it (and they're skinny as hell) and K-Middy supposedly used it to get small before the big day, and we all know how hot she looked at Westminster. The only problem is, the verdict is that you just put the weight back on as soon as you stop, and I want something to lift off me permanently! Hmm. I can incorporate some of it, but I'll need to find something that works that is manageable for me every day - I'm talking for months or years.

Maybe this will be good old-fashioned trial and error. Well, it's been pretty much error for the last year, but quitters don't win!

Q x

6 comments:

  1. i just love kates body she is my favorite thinspo:) i absolutely suck at running too, i´m happy when i can run for 3 minutes straight. 10 would be amazing for me, so well done!!! lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will start running in the mornings, once im at home for long enough to get into a routine :) hopefully mum will let me in the mornings before school if I start soon :)
    I love Kates body, she's so skinny! I think the dukan diet should be ok, if you eat properly after it :) I think people put the weight back on because they think they can eat as much as they did before they lost weight, which obviously they can't! You should probably ease out too, to be safe :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the 7am jog! I've always wanted to be a morning person so I can go for a run, but alas I always do it in the afternoon because I'm a total night owl and can't help it. And Kate Middleton is GORGEOUS. she looks so perfect in all of her gorgeous dresses! RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like morning jogging too! It's so nice and cool outside and there's no one around. I feel the same way- I'm absolutely rubbish at running- but I can run on a treadmill for 10 minutes but 2 minutes outdoors kills me! I guess it's the hills and what not- also, I think the treadmill makes it much easier.

    It's hard for me to follow diets because there's certain foods you can/can't have- basically they cost a lot of extra money on food that I can't afford right now. Trial and error works the best sometimes! We try out different diets/eating plans/exercises and figure out which ones work the best of us!

    What's the 19-week challenge? You might have mentioned it before and I've just forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa... what's the Dukan diet? o_O Is it some British thing? I've never heard of it XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wish I could get up for a 7am jog! In fact, at this moment I wish I could exercise :(

    You're so inspiring Q, I might try morning jogs when I'm allowed to exercise again! x

    ReplyDelete