Tuesday 16 August 2011

Weigh day no. 2

Well, yesterday.

Drum roll please...



9 stone 5!



Dammit.



Well, at least I haven't gained. And I took it so easy last week. The harder I work, the more I'll lose in a week. I'm not worried!



Still, I really hope I DO hit this target, as I'm absolutely dying to cut all my hair off - it gets so frizzy and unmanageable so easily! Very frustrating - I just want it all gone. I think even if my hairdresser botches it up and I end up with a super super short pixie cut, I wouldn't even mind that much as it'd still be such a relief to have it all gone. Er, touch wood.



So Pineapple yesterday was amazing - they keep the dance studios fairly warm intentionally, I think, so your muscles stay warm - either that or they simply don't have air con and as there's no windows, there's no way it can cool down between classes - but it basically means you SWEAT to death while you're dancing. My friend (who I went with) reckons you could literally sweat away obesity. I'm not sure I believe him, but it'd be fantastic if that actually helped me lose weight...



Something weird has happened to my thigh, though. After the Thighs, Bums and Tums class, my legs were very sore, as I told you all in a previous post, but yesterday the exercise helped them feel a bit better. However, after my second dance class, I came out and my thighs were bright red and very hot to touch. It looked like they'd been sunburnt. The heat and redness went away, but today I've woken up to purplish spots all over the areas. Typically I consulted Google first, leading me to believe I've got all sorts of diseases, but I wasn't very inclined to take it too seriously. One, it said this sort of thing happens when you don't exercise enough (yeah, that's gotta be it, eh.) and two, it said it could be a result of poor circulation, and I know I don't have poor circulation, or my feet wouldn't be so uncomfortably hot all the time. So I consulted my father, the next available source for advice (I'd normally go to my mum first as she's a nurse, but she's at work) and he reckons I've broken some blood vessels in the skin and it'll heal up soon enough. Whew. That's all I needed to know, really, that these spots won't stick around forever, as they're not very sightly. Ah yes, vanity prevails!



I'm with you all about Internet Explorer. It seems so slow and laborious compared to Firefox. Truth be told, I'm only using it as I'm trying to be super clever - as I'm so secretive about this blog, whenever I go on it on Firefox I clear it on my history, but if I go on it on IE it doesn't show up on my Firefox internet history, so I don't have to suspiciously clear my whole history but can still allow family members on the laptop. Clever, eh! I'm going to give up on the plan, though, as I cannot for the life of me get rid of these massive gaps between paragraphs.



Over and out!



Q x

2 comments:

  1. Your day at Pineapple sounds great! I wish I were a dancer :( I'd kill for 9 st 5 this week. I've just started gaining without any reasonable explanation and it's so depressing, especially as I 'only' have 13 lbs left to goal. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use Google Chrome and use the incognito window on it, so nothing would get saved in the history...

    ReplyDelete